Search This Blog

Friday, April 1, 2011

Is everything as it seems on the surface?

Reflections from Gareth 
as he forms a new perspective of a 'past' previously portrayed.

Email from Gareth: Hey I am back..and staring at piles and piles of text and gigs of images for post editing...but funnily enough I have managed as I always seem to do, found something else to work on while I was there... something I am looking at going back to explore more, I am astounded at the state of Rwanda 17 years on... and how effective and efficient the country appears, the keyword 'being' appears...Here is a small group of images I put together in between the actual work I was doing. The 'Operation Smile' work still has to be edited and I have to add loads of text to it, which I still have to be inspired to write.


 "Recently returning from Rwanda I found myself going though images that I shot, just walking about or whilst driving from place to place. In doing this I found my self amazed at the state of the country 17 years on. Having seen footage of the genocide and having gone to some of the memorial sites I find the transformation from what was literally a bloody mess astounding.

 Exerts from Gareth's vii visionaries page
(click link above to go there_ read and see more_ buka lapha)
 

What I saw was this beautiful, clean country... with beautiful proud people... carrying the weight of the past on their shoulders"


No comments:

Post a Comment