Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

travelling blues and shoes

I find myself ready to leave before my Mother continent eats up my passion and spits me out...

 Gareth (GB) has just returned from an Operation Smile assignment in Madagascar and has recently updated his BLOG with images and a wonderfully personal/ descriptive account of how he is feeling right now...


SNIPPETS and images from GB's blog:

Gareth Bright
"I don't know how many damn flights in the last few months. I just put down the most recent of my I have no idea finished books, turned off the I pod that's been plugged into my brain to provide silence from the heavy, uncomfortable, breathing from the strangers next to me, and realized its time to provide some sort of brain fart of words to update this Blog I have been neglecting of late."

Gareth Bright
"These are pictures of people on the move in a very confusing place, the World.I guess we are all the same, and that's why we have got to keep moving forward where ever we are going, whatever our situation. So have a look and keep moving, I will be..."


I left a comment on Gareth's blog that said.  
osmosisliza"Hey Gareth_ fully feel your blog post... going somewhere where all eclectics roam... and that is in the comfortable space of nowhere coz in nowhere there are the possibilities of anywhere... and you thought you were confused :)
 
I am finding the images on his blog to be graphic, they look like charcoal drawings, and have the gritty, moody and tenacious marks and textures of a drawing, yet they feel transient... lasting only for a short time_ impermanent_ creating tensions of pushing and pulling.

Is this just me relating to Gareth's feelings... can you see it too.









No comments:

Post a Comment